This online news platform recalls that Mr. Buhari was inaugurated on May 29, 2019, for his second term tagged “Next Level” and since then he has made appointments in key sectors in the country with the latest being the inauguration of cabinet members.
The President has made appointments in the aviation, finance and oil sectors in the country since he came into the office for a second term on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Nigeria’s ruling party.
President Buhari has also made appointments in the National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) as well as the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
Below is a list of appointments made by the President since May, compiled by Naija News.
On Wednesday, August 21, President Buhari assigned portfolios to the newly sworn-in Ministers at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.
The President inaugurated 43 persons as ministers to assist him in various capacities during his second term in office after a two-day retreat.
Before Wednesday’s swearing-in ceremony by President Buhari, the Nigerian Senate had earlier screened and confirmed the nominees based on the list sent to it by President Buhari.
Click HERE to check the ministers’ portfolios.
On Thursday, August 22, President Buhari approved the re-appointment of Mr. Ade Ipaye as Deputy Chief of Staff to the President.
A statement by Laolu Akande, the spokesperson of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, disclosed that Buhari also approved the re-appointment of Dr. Adeyemi Dipeolu, Special Adviser to the President on Economic Matters; Mrs Maryam Uwais as Special Adviser to the President on Social Investment Programme as well as Senator Babafemi Ojudu, Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters.
Also, re-appointed by the President is Dr. Jumoke Oduwole, who will now serve as the Special Adviser to the President on Ease Of Doing Business.
President Buhari has also appointed Mr. Ahmad Rufai Zakari as Special Adviser on Infrastructure, Mr. Obafela Bank-Olemoh, as Senior Special Assistant on Education Interventions, Mr. Louis Odion as Senior Technical Assistant on Print Media, and Mr. Ajuri Ngelale as Senior Special Assistant for Public Affairs in the Presidency.
President Buhari also appointed media aides for his second term in office. Click HERE to see those appointed by the President.
August 20, President Buhari named new heads of some Federal Government agencies. Click HERE to see those appointed.
The President also made appointments by sectors since the beginning of his “Next Level” administration.
1. Saleh Dunoma – Managing Director of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).
1. Dr. Gambo Gumel Aliyu – Director-General of the National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA).
2. Prof. Mohammed Nasir Sambo – executive secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
1. Ahmed Idris – Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF)
1. Mele Kolo Kyari – Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Seven Chief Operating Officer namely;
1. Farouk Garba Said (North West) – Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services.
2. Mr. Roland Onoriode Ewubare (South-South) – Chief Operating Officer, Upstream.
3. Mustapha Yinusa Yakubu (North Central) – Chief Operating Officer Refining and Petrochemicals.
4.Yusuf Usman (North East) – Chief Operating Officer, Gas, and Power.
5. Lawrencia Nwadiabuwa Ndupu (South East), Chief Operating Officer Ventures.
6. Umar Isa Ajiya (North West) – Chief Financial Officer;
7. Adeyemi Adetunji (South West) – Chief Operating Officer, Downstream.
Meanwhile, in April, Buhari reappointed MKO Abiola’s daughter, Omolola Edewo as the Director Of Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC).