This online news platform recalls that Mr. Buhari was inaugurated on May 29, 2019, for his second term tagged “Next Level” and since then he has made appointments in key sectors in the country.
President Buhari has made appointments in the finance and oil sectors in the country since he came into the office for a second term on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Nigeria’s ruling party.
The President approved the re-appointment of Ahmed Idris as the Accountant-General of the Federation as well as the appointment of Mele Kolo Kyari as the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), alongside seven other Chief Operating Officers
A statement by Wunmi Ogunmosunle, the Director of Communications in the office of the Head of Civil Service, announced Idris’ appointment by the President as the AGF.
President Buhari approved the appointment via a letter signed by Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Gida Mustapha.
The statement read: “The president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Mr. Ahmed Idris for the second and final term of four years as Accountant General of the Federation, AGF, in accordance with Section 171 of the 199 Constitution of Nigeria (as amended).”
Naija News understands that Idris was first appointed in June 2015, to replace Jonah Otunla who had resigned.
On the other hand, Kyari’s appointment was disclosed in a statement released by NNPC Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs, Mr. Ndu Ughamadu, in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, on Thursday, June 20.
Below is a list of appointments made by the President as compiled by Naija News.
1. Ahmed Idris – Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF)
1. Mele Kolo Kyari – Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Seven Chief Operating Officer namely;
1. Farouk Garba Said (North West) – Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services.
2. Mr. Roland Onoriode Ewubare (South-South) – Chief Operating Officer, Upstream.
3. Mustapha Yinusa Yakubu (North Central) – Chief Operating Officer Refining and Petrochemicals.
4.Yusuf Usman (North East) – Chief Operating Officer, Gas, and Power.
5. Lawrencia Nwadiabuwa Ndupu (South East), Chief Operating Officer Ventures.
6. Umar Isa Ajiya (North West) – Chief Financial Officer;
7. Adeyemi Adetunji (South West) – Chief Operating Officer, Downstream