The proposed European Super League competition was dead on arrival as clubs backtracked and returned to the mother league.
UEFA on Wednesday, April 21 following withdrawal of clubs from the proposed league, released a statement that seeks to rebuild the unity that had been long enjoyed before the cessation.
Naija News reports that all English Premier League who had joined the ESL, withdrew on Tuesday. Reacting to the development today, UEFA, in a statement by its president, Aleksander Ceferin, said it was crucial that the 12 clubs who formed the European Super League ‘moves on’ after making a big mistake with their first proposals.
“I said yesterday that it is admirable to admit a mistake, and these clubs made a big mistake,” UEFA’s statement read.
“But they are back in the fold now and I know they have a lot to offer not just to our competitions but to the whole of the European game.
“The important thing now is that we move on, rebuild the unity that the game enjoyed before this and move forward together.”