Nigeria Entertainment News
Five Nigerian Celebrities Who Broke The Internet With Controversial Outfits
Fashion means different things to different people and it definitely also affects the way a person is perceived by others.
In this article, Naija News takes a look at some Nigerian celebrities who stirred controversy with their outfits and ended up getting many Nigerians talking on social media.
1. Toyin Lawani: She is known for her daring take on fashion and she does not hesitate to bare an ample amount of skin to fit the image she is trying to create.
One of her numerous outfits was her sexy religious nun outfit worn to the movie premiere titled ‘Prophetess’, the celebrity stylist got more she bargained as she faced a series of backlash online.
2. Ifu Ennada: Former Big Brother Naija Housemate, Iheme Faith Uloma, popularly known as Ifu Ennada got many tongues wagging online when she claimed that she wore a dress worth $100,000 to African Magic Viewers Choice Award (AMVCA).
The black dress featured several black masks and many fans called out the reality TV star, accusing her of overstating the cost of the dress.
3. Beverly Osu: The former Housemate of Big Brother Africa and actress stirred controversy online with a nun outfit.
In the pictures used for a magazine cover, Beverly was dressed as a nun while holding a cigarette and wearing lingerie.
While some Nigerians said the pictures ridicule some people’s religious faith, others have said that it is creativity.
4. Mercy Aigbe: In 2018, Mercy Aigbe broke the internet with the controversial red dress she wore for her 40th birthday photo shoot.
An aggrieved bride whose wedding has been scheduled called out her designer, for giving out a gown meant for her wedding to Mercy for her 40th birthday photos.
This generated reactions from many Nigerians as some called on the actress to take down the picture and apologise to the bride, while others rained insults on her.
The mother of two later clarified the issue stating that she contacted a stylist who got her all the clothes for her birthday and had no idea that the dress belonged to someone else let alone a bride.
5. Chika Ike: Chika Ike courted controversy after going on a dinner date wearing a skimpy dress which many people claimed she was literally naked with such an outfit.