The Kaduna State government on Wednesday, confirmed the appointment of Alhaji Ahmed Nuhu Bamali as the new Emir of Zazzau.
He replaces the late Alhaji Shehu Idris who died on Sunday, 20th September after 45 years on the throne.
The appointment of the new Emir was contained in a statement signed by Ja’afaru Ibrahim Sani, Commissioner for Local Government Affairs, Naija News earlier reported.
Below are some important things to know about the new Emir.
1. Alhaji Ahmed Nuhu Bamali is the 19th Emir of Zazzau
2. He is from the Mallawa ruling house.
3. He is the first emir from the Mallawa ruling house in 100 years following the demise in 1920 of his grandfather, Emir Dan Sidi.
4. Until his appointment as the Emir, Bamali held the traditional title of the Magajin Garin Zazzau.
5. He was born in 1966.
6. He studied Law at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. He holds Masters degree in International Relations and Diplomacy and a Diploma in organizational leadership from Oxford University, UK.
7. He is also a fellow on conflict resolution of the University of York, United Kingdom.
8. He was a former Nigerian Ambassador to Thailand with current accreditation to Myanmar.
9. He has been a permanent commissioner in the Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission.
10. He has worked in the banking sector, later as Executive Director and then Acting Managing Director of the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Corporation. He was a staff of the Abuja Metropolitan Management Agency before a stint as head of Human Resources at Mtel.
Download NAIJA NEWS app: