Connect with us


News

Breaking: Lagos Records Two New Coronavirus Deaths

Published

on

COVID-19 Lockdown Ease: Lagos Lists Businesses, Offices, Banned From Operating Till May 31

The Lagos State Government led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has announced two new Coronavirus (COVID-19) related deaths.

Naija News reports that this was disclosed on the micro-blogging site, Twitter  on Thursday, April 23 by the Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi

Professor Abayomi said the deaths recorded so far are now 18 while 107 patients have been discharged.

“COVID-19 update as at 22nd of April, 2020: 74 new #COVID19 cases confirmed in Lagos on the 22nd of April, 2020, ” he said.

“Total number of confirmed #COVID19 cases in Lagos rises to 512. Lagos recorded 2 more #COVID19 related deaths.

“Total #COVID19Lagos deaths are now 18.”

The health commissioner asked residents to embrace the use of face mask to reduce the spread of the disease within communities.

“Using facemask to reduce COVID-19 infection is, therefore, a responsibility we all must embrace,” he said.

“Let’s #MaskUpLagos to stop further spread of #COVID19 infection!

“Stay safe #ForAGreaterLagos. ”

The Lagos State Commissioner for Health also said that 74 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Lagos on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, since Coronavirus berthed in Nigeria, Lagos State recorded five hundred and twelve (512) COVID-19 cases, the highest in the country according to the statistics released by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

Source: Naija News

SEO Expert || Journalist || Digital Media Strategist || Email: [email protected]