President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday named Abdulrasheed Bawa as the new Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Naija News reports that this was made known in a statement by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
Things To Know About Abdulrasheed Bawa:
- Bawa is a trained EFCC investigator with vast experience in the investigation and prosecution of Advance Fee Fraud cases, official corruption, bank fraud, money laundering, and other economic crimes.
- He has undergone several specialised trainings in different parts of the world, and was one of the pioneer EFCC cadet officers in 2005.
- Bawa holds a B.Sc degree in Economics, and Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy.
- Before his appointment, Bawa was the Lagos zonal head of the anti-graft agency.
- He will be taking over from Mohammed Umar who has been in acting capacity since July 2020 after the suspension of Ibrahim Magu over allegations of corruption.