Five Things To Know About Abdulrasheed Bawa The New EFCC Boss
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday named Abdulrasheed Bawa as the new Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Naija News reports that this was made known in a statement by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
Things To Know About Abdulrasheed Bawa:
- Bawa is a trained EFCC investigator with vast experience in the investigation and prosecution of Advance Fee Fraud cases, official corruption, bank fraud, money laundering, and other economic crimes.
- He has undergone several specialised trainings in different parts of the world, and was one of the pioneer EFCC cadet officers in 2005.
- Bawa holds a B.Sc degree in Economics, and Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy.
- Before his appointment, Bawa was the Lagos zonal head of the anti-graft agency.
- He will be taking over from Mohammed Umar who has been in acting capacity since July 2020 after the suspension of Ibrahim Magu over allegations of corruption.