Good Morning. Here Are The Major Nigerian Newspaper Headlines For Today Monday, 9th December 2019
The Presidency has finally reacted to the maltreatment of Omoyele Sowore, the convener of RevolutionNow Movement by officials of the Department of State Services (DSS).
Naija News had reported earlier that the DSS released Sowore on Thursday night after spending 124 days in detention.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of spreading concocted alternative facts and lies of the rearrest of Omoyele Sowore.
Naija News reports that the Department of State Services (DSS) on Thursday night had released Sowore after spending 124 days in detention.
The Nigeria Senate has said it would not declare the seat of its Chief Whip, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, vacant despite his conviction by a Federal High Court.
Naija News reports that the Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday, found the former governor of Abia state guilty of all the 39-count charges filed against him.
President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to Anthony Joshua’s victory over Mexican’s Andy Ruiz Jnr in a thriling 12-round encounter.
In a statement on Sunday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, Buhari congratulated Joshua for regaining his belts.
Unknown gunmen have kidnapped two Catholic priests along the Owo-Benin expressway in Ondo State.
Naija News understands that the clergymen were on their way from Awka, Anambra State heading to Akure, Ondo capital, for a wedding when they were abducted.
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, says Omoyele Sowore, the convener of #RevolutionNow Movement is in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) because he had a meeting with him (Kanu).
Naija News reports that Kanu made this statement during a live broadcast on Radio Biafra on Sunday, December 8, where he spoke on the maltreatment of Sowore by officials of the DSS and the abuse of human rights in Nigeria.
Former heavyweight champion, Andy Ruiz, has asked for a third fight with Anthony Joshua to reclaim his lost titles.
Speaking on Saturday night after his loss to the British-Nigerian boxer, Ruiz said he lost the fight because he gained too much weight during the preparation for the rematch.