Connect with us


Gist

Ten Wedding Guests Die From Generator Fume In House Of In-law

Published

generator-fumes
 

It was a day of joy turned to sorrow as at least ten traditional wedding guests on Saturday died from the fume from a generator while twenty others hospitalized.

Punch reports that the incident happened at Umuomumu Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of  Imo state.

A community source said that the wedding guests from Anambra State decided to pass the night at their in-law’s house after the ceremony.

It was the fume from the generator which ran through the night until morning that killed them, our correspondent was told.

The State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, who confirmed the development to our correspondent said, “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.”

“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”

Meanwhile, Naija News understands that the incidence is not uncommon as it recently recorded a case of two persons in the Ogudu area of Lagos who died after the inhaled fumes from their generator.


Read More News.   Download Naija News App.   Send us enquiries and press releases.


is an opinionated and creative writer, and teacher. You can reach me via busayo@naijanews.com