Alleged Offences Of Ex- DSS Director- General, Lawal Daura
However apparently, Daura had a list of other alleged offences. A source who pleaded anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter, listed some of the offences to include:
1.Denting President Buhari’s image.
2. overruling Buhari, VP Osinbajo on crucial matters, such as the $43.45million recovered at Osborne Towers in Ikoyi, Lagos;
3. Confirmation of the Acting EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu and others;
4. Alleged disrespect of court orders on ex-NSA Sambo Dasuki and Islamic cleric Ibrahim el-Zakzaky and detention of Jones Abiri; and using security reasons to determine who to see (or pray) with Buhari.
5. Unauthorised deployment of operatives/ sting operations against Supreme Court justices, National Assembly, ex-DG DSS Kayode Are and other;
6. alleged interference in the affairs of other security agencies, especially the EFCC on some sensitive cases, including those involving some ex-Service Chiefs, Nigeria Intelligence Agency (NIA), DSS;
7. Alleged refusal to take orders from and irreconcilable differences with the National Security Adviser, Gen. Mohammed Babagana Monguno;
8.Controversy over negotiation of freedom for Chibok and Dapchi girls; intelligence report on alleged romance with Saraki and some principal officers of National Assembly;
9. Alleged hostility to the media and alleged usurpation/ duplication of the functions of anti-corruption agencies.
The source said: “The DG, DSS had his cup full in the past few weeks when the President detested some of his actions based on intelligence report.
“In fact, the President had agreed on a two-week deadline to remove him. The invasion of the National Assembly by DSS operatives hastened Daura’s exit.
“The President got an instant briefing from Acting President Yemi Osinbajo. Buhari also had the privilege to watch the siege on television.,” the source said.
According to the source, “Buhari felt insulted that Daura drafted DSS operatives to the National Assembly without any covert or overt instructions. He, therefore, directed Osinbajo to fire the DG.”
Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.