Connect with us


Done Deal: Aston Villa Signs Clement Lenglet From Barcelona




Done Deal: Aston Villa Signs Clement Lenglet From Barcelona
Clement Lenglet

English Premier League club, Aston Villa, has signed French professional footballer, Clement Lenglet, from Barcelona.

Naija News reports that the club confirmed this via its official Twitter handle on Friday.

“Aston Villa is delighted to announce the loan signing of French international Clément Lenglet,” the Premier League side wrote on the microblogging platform.

Lenglet will play for Aston Villa on loan for the 2023/24 season. It is expected that the Premier League side will cover 75% of the player’s salary, with Barcelona covering the other 25%.

The push for a permanent transfer was impossible during the transfer discussion, and Lenglet was reportedly unwilling to accept his letter of freedom offered by Barcelona.

Reports revealed that if the player had accepted the letter of freedom, he would have been free to choose his future club but would have forfeited all future payments from the Catalonian club.

The only permanent transfer was an offer from the Saudi Pro League, but Lenglet refused to move to Saudi Arabia, instead making it clear that he wanted to remain in Europe, Naija News learnt.

A graphic designer turned into an immensely creative journalist committed to high-quality research and writing. A gospel music minister and Sportsman - @LFC Fan.