Military Kills Top Boko Haram Commander Abou Hurairah, Others
A notorious Boko Haram commander, Abou Hurairah has been eliminated by troops of the Nigerian Military.
Naija News understands Abou Hurairah was killed along with some other Boko Harm commanders during a recent onslaught by the military in the Monguno Axis of Borno State
It was gathered that the wanted terrorist had escaped several attempts by the military to kill him but was eventually eliminated during an aggressive bombardment operation by the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation Hadin Kai, using two alpha jets of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF).
A defence intelligence source quoted by PRNigeria said Abou Hurairah, and other terrorist commanders have been the ones coordinating and directing their foot soldiers to attack various communities within Monguno and other parts of the Northeast in Borno State.
“He also coordinated a series of attacks in Marte Ngala, Kukawa, and Abadam axis,” said the intelligence source.
ISWAP Claims Responsibility For Kogi Bombing
The Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) has claimed responsibility for the recent explosion in Kogi State.
According to the Islamic State-backed faction of Boko Haram, the explosion was targeted at President Muhammadu Buhari, who was expected in the area that day.
Naija News had earlier reported that there was an explosion close to the old palace of the Ohinoyi of Ebiraland which left three persons dead and two others injured.
President Buhari was expected to inaugurate some legacy projects by Governor Yahaya Bello on Thursday, December 29, before the explosion was heard before the Nigerian leader’s arrival.
Despite the tension, President Buhari arrived in the state and went on with the project commissioning.