The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar has selected the Governor of Delta State, Ifeanyi Okowa as his running mate in the 2023 presidential election.
Naija News reports that Atiku officially declared Okowa as PDP Vice Presidential candidate at the party’s National Secretariat after Okowa was screened and cleared by a Screening Committee on Thursday.
Speaking at the unveiling ceremony, Atiku revealed that he chose Okowa because he has the qualities to be the President and has an appreciation of the deep rot in which the country has been put into.
Naija News has deemed it fit to share some things about the speculated vice presidential candidate of the PDP.
1. Okowa was born on the 8th of July 1959 (age 62) in Owa-Alero, Delta State.
2. The Delta State Governor attended Edo College, Benin City (1970–1976)
3. He studied Medicine and Surgery at the University of Ibadan and graduated in 1981 with an MBBS degree.
4. Okowa won the Delta North Senatorial election in 2011 under the PDP.
5. He won the Delta State Gubernatorial elections in April 2015 and was inaugurated as Governor on 29 May 2015.
6. The Delta State Governor on March 9th, 2019 was re-elected as governor.