Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly set to miss the 2021 Ballon d’ Or ceremony which will hold on Monday night in Paris, the French capital.
According to a Portuguese journalist, Pedro Sepulveda, the attacker would not be attending the individual award which would see the newest best player in the world emerge.
“Cristiano Ronaldo will not be in Paris today for the Ballon D’or ceremony,” he said in a tweet via his verified Twitter handle on Monday afternoon.
Recall that Paris Saint Germain player, Lionel Messi had won the Ballon d’Or award six times while Ronaldo has won the award five times.
However, the 2021 award may likely slide away from the duo as Bayern Munich striker, Robert Lewandowski, is favoured by odds to win the prestigious individual award this time.
While the countdown to the award has already begun, Messi and Lewandowski are the two major players in contention.
Messi on the other hand has scored 24 goals in 28 league games this year and led Argentina to the Copa America in the summer.
See Full List Of 2021 Men Ballon D’Or Nominees Below:
- Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
- Nicolo Barella (Inter Milan)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
- Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
- Ruben Dias (Manchester City)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)
- Jorginho (Chelsea)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham)
- N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)
- Simon Kjaer (AC Milan)
- Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
- Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea)
- Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City)
- Lautaro Martinez (Inter Milan)
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- Gerard Moreno (Villarreal)
- Mason Mount (Chelsea)
- Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Pedri (Barcelona)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
- Luis Suarez (Atletico Madrid)
Download NAIJA NEWS app: