Over 100,000 candidates who met admission requirements have so far been offered admission into Nigerian universities for the 2019/2020 academic session, The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said.
Speaking to NAN on Sunday, JAMB spokesperson, Dr Fabian Benjamin said the exam body’s projection for this year’s admission was to ensure that candidates utilised more available spaces.
He said: “We will continue to adhere to our admission deadline.
“The first choice admission for public universities commenced from Aug. 21 and would last till Nov. 16 and for private universities, it will be from Aug. 21 to Feb. 15, 2020.
“The second choice admissions for public universities will be from Nov. 17 to Dec. 17.”
Meanwhile, JAMB has denied an advertisement on a rogue website which called on innocent candidates to register and pay a certain fee for past questions and answers ahead of the 2020 UTME.
“It has come to our notice that some mischievous persons are trying hard to use the name of the board to defraud innocent candidates and the general public ahead of the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Board (UTME).
“These fraudsters are urging interested candidates or persons to forward their names and telephone numbers to the rogue website, as well as pay subscription fees to acquire past questions and answers and a copy of the literature novel ahead of the board’s 2020 UTME.
“We want to state that these are mischievous persons who are out to cause pains to the public and therefore urge candidates to disregard the information and the perpetrators of this evil in their own interest,” Benjamin said.
Source: Naija News