3 Commanders Dead As Army, Boko Haram Clash | Nigeria News
Connect with us


News

3 Commanders Dead As Army, Boko Haram Clash

Published

Three key commanders have been confirmed dead after a clash between troops of the Nigerian Army and Boko Haram insurgents.

Naija News reports that the Nigerian Army eliminated the three key commanders of Boko Haram on Saturday, February 16 at the Warawara general area of Borno.

The commanders were killed in an ambush that led to the dislodgement of their territory.

According to a statement obtained by Naija News which quoted the Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sagir Musa, said items recovered from the terrorists were; two AK 47 Rifles, five AK 47 Magazines, Assorted Charms and one motorcycle.

Currently, troops are combing the general area on patrols with the view to further exploitation of the area,” Musa reportedly said.

However,  the names of the Boko Haram commanders were not made public by the Army.

This is coming in about one week after President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday sent his commiserations to the family of the former Chief of Army Staff, David Ejoor.

Naija News had earlier reported that Ejoor, who was a former Military Governor at the old Mid-Western Region, passed away on Sunday, February 10.

 




Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to newsroom@naijanews.com.

Akoh is a Senior Content Creator at Naija News. He is a Journalist|| Writer|| Social Media Strategist|| Content Creator ||. He understands the limitless relevance of #human. Twitter/Instagram:@gr8harchor

Advertisement


Contact Us

Trending