Fayose said this in a statement on Wednesday by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka.
The governor said war against insurgency have become a business because those benefiting from Internally Displaced Persons scams and payment of ransom (in dollars) to free those abducted by the Boko Haram insurgents, among others, would never pray for insurgency to end.
Fayose said, “Painfully, it appears we will have to live with Boko Haram for a very long time because waiting for President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government to save Nigerians is a waste of time.
“They boasted that Boko Haram will be defeated within three months; it is now more than 30 months. All that they have told Nigerians is grammar – Boko Haram technically defeated, Boko Haram completely defeated and now Boko Haram completely degraded.”
“As long as the fight against Boko Haram remains a business venture, providing cheap money for top officials of this government, the insurgency will continue.
“President Buhari must, therefore, look inwards and purge his government of those benefitting from the insurgency if indeed he desires that it should end.”
He said the alleged withdrawal of the military from Dapchi a few days before the 110 pupils were abducted as revealed a possible conspiracy and wondered why no one had been questioned despite conflicting claims by the army and the police.