No less than 27 people were killed and several others are still missing after Boko Haram terrorists attacked six villages in the northern part of Borno State on Wednesday night, security and civilian sources said.
The terrorists first stormed the remote villages of Abachari, Kote, Uda Lawanti and Wokilli, all in the Nganzi Local Government Area of Borno State, around 9:30 p.m., leaving 15 people dead and many others wounded.
A source who is a civilian member of the Joint Task Force (JTF) said the besieged villagers yesterday came to the local vigilante group in Nganzi town. He said the vigilante group then mobilized its members to visit the affected villages on Friday morning, adding that the dead bodies had been brought to Nganzi for burial.
“The attacks happened in the villages on Wednesday night, but it was this morning that we brought fifteen of the corpses and buried them in Nganzi town,” said the source. He added, “As I am speaking with you many women and children are still missing.”
A military source corroborated the account. “The Boko Haram fighters burnt down the villages. They looted livestock and grains. Nothing was left in the villages. Some of the lucky ones are now taking refuge in Nganzi,” said the source.
In a related development, the suspected Boko Haram terrorists also invaded Mallam Moduri and Kijimatari, two villages in Guzamala Local Government Area, about 2 a.m. on Thursday. A security source disclosed that at least 12 persons were killed and dozens wounded in the two communities.
“At least seven people lost their lives in Kijimatari village when the terrorists opened fire on the civilians who were sleeping and six others sustained various kinds of injuries,” said another security source. “Five others were killed and many wounded at Mallam Moduri village around 3 a.m.”
Source: Naija News