Connect with us


Terrorists Attack Hospital In Niger State, Kill Two, Abduct Doctor, Others



Bandits Sack Seven Villages In Kebbi, Sokoto States

Bandit terrorists have caused tension in a community in Niger State after attacking a health care centre, killing at least two people.

Naija News learnt that the heavily armed men on Tuesday morning, stormed Abdulsalam Abubakar General Hospital, located in Gulu, a community Lapai Local Government Area of the state and whisked away the resident doctor after killing two people.

The attack according to reports, was carried out at about 2 a.m today.

A pharmacist and some yet-to-be-identified persons were also reportedly abducted during the attack.

Residents told newsmen that the assailants arrived in the community in their large numbers and headed to the hospital shooting sporadically.

No security personnel or the local vigilantes from the area attempted to confront the terrorists while carrying out the heinous act, said an eyewitness who spoke with Daily Post.

A resident of the area, Zakari Nda told journalists on the telephone that the gunmen unleashed attacks on the hospital resulting in the death of two persons.

He said: “They arrived in large numbers and were shooting sporadically, which sent fears into the people during the period of their operation.

“At the end of the operation, many people were abducted and some wounded.”

While urging the state government and the security personnel to immediately end the incessant attacks on communities in the state, the resident said the latest attack is the fourth time kidnappers have attacked different communities within the area in recent times.

Naija News learnt that one of those killed in the latest attack was a retired medical personnel whose name is confirmed as Ya-Tachi.

The victim reportedly lives directly opposite the attacked hospital. The incident has further heightened tension among the villagers, particularly due to the absence of both security agents and local vigilantes during the attack.

No official statement, however, has been made by the State Police Command as of the time of reporting.