Connect with us

Sports

‘I Won’t Be Blackmailed’ – Dembele Replies Barcelona

Published

on

"He Doesn’t Want To Be Part Of Our Project" - Barcelona Tells Ousmane Dembele To Leave Immediately

French footballer, Ousmane Dembele has replied to Barcelona over allegations that he is unable to sign a new deal.

Naija News reports that Barcelona Chief Executive Officer, Mateu Alemany had earlier declared that the club is looking at selling Dembele before January 31st as it has become obvious the player is no longer interested in playing for them.

It was gathered Barcelona and representatives of Dembele have been locked in months of battle at the negotiating table and with his contract due to expire at the end of the summer, both parties have been unable to agree on a new contract.

Frustrated by this development, the La Liga giants have now confirmed on Thursday that they have told Dembele he has to leave immediately.

In a post on his social media page, Dembele said he “won’t give in to blackmail” after Alemany said the winger must leave before the end of January.

He wrote: “From today it finishes. From today I am going to reply honestly, without giving in to any kind of blackmail.”

“I forbid anyone from thinking I am not committed to the sporting project. I forbid anyone from attributing intentions to me that I have never had.

As you all know, there are negotiations. I leave my agent in charge of those, it’s his area. My area is the ball, simply to play football and share moments of happiness with my teammates and all the fans.”

Dembele, who joined Barcelona from Borussia Dortmund in 2017 in a deal worth $158.9 million, has suffered numerous injuries in recent years during his spell at Camp Nou.

Advertisement