Troops of ‘Operation Thunder’ of the Nigerian Army have killed at least two bandits in a failed attempt to kidnap women at “Five-Thirty” village in Chikun LGA of Kaduna state.
This was disclosed in a statement on Tuesday by the State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan.
According to Aruwan, the armed bandits were killed while trying to whisk away four women they abducted from the village.
Mr. Aruwan noted that the troops interjected the bandits following a distress call during the attack.
The commissioner said the bandits were forced to abandoned their captives following a gun duel that ensued.
“After the skirmish, the corpses of two bandits were recovered, while the others escaped with possible gunshot wounds,” Mr. Aruwan said.
However, the commissioner further disclosed that a soldier sustained a gunshot wound and is recuperating.
Meanwhile, the Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, on Tuesday, noted that the Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, had been directed to speak on behalf other Governors in the South-West over security issues.
Fayemi in his statement added that other Governors in the region are not cowards if they choose not to speak on national security because they have already chosen a Gov. Akeredolu, who is the Chairman of the South-West Governors’ Forum as their speaker.
The Ekiti State Governor called on political office holders at state and national levels as well as leaders of socio-political groups to be careful in their discussion of national security matters.
He stated this when he received the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams, in Ado-Ekiti on Tuesday.
At the meeting held behind closed doors at the Governor’s Office, Ado-Ekiti, issues affecting security and economic development of the Southwest and the country in general were discussed.
Source: Naija News