The Minister of Defence retired Maj.-Gen. Bashir Magashi has reacted to the Nigerian Air Force plane crash in Abuja.
Naija News reports that the Military aircraft King Air 350 crashed on Sunday, February 21, very close to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport.
Findings revealed that the horrible incident happened as a result of an engine failure. Reacting to the incident in a statement on Monday (today), Magashi described the crash as an unfortunate national disaster. NAF had confirmed in a statement earlier that the disturbing event claimed the lives of seven personnel.
The defence minister while expressing his concern towards the incident in the statement through his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mohammad Abdulkadri, said he was pained by the tragic accident.
Magashi commiserated with the bereaved family, the Nigeria Airforce and President Muhammadu Buhari under whose government the tragic incident happened.
He said: “The death of the officers who lost their lives in the line of duty while making efforts to end the nation’s insecurity would never be forgotten.
“I send my condolences to the President, Muhammadu Buhari, Nigerian Air Force and to the families of those who paid the supreme price while serving the nation.
“I pray for the repose of their souls and that God grants them the fortitude to bear the loss,” he added.
Meanwhile, the Governor of Niger State, Abubakar Bello, on Sunday received the 53 passengers abducted by bandits from the bus belonging to the Niger State Transport Authority (NSTA) in Kundu village, along Tegina- Minna road in the State.
Bello while speaking on the development noted that the abductees were released due to a series of dialogue and consultations.