Connect with us


News

See Police Officers That May Be Dismissed For Helping Wadume Escape

Published

on

wadume

More Revelations Emerge On Wadume’s Case

Indications have emerged that policemen allegedly involved in helping suspected kidnap kingpin, Hamisu Bala, aka Wadume escape will soon be dismissed from service.

Information gathered by Naija News says two policemen colluded with Wadume to ensure his escape and cover his tracks after he was initially arrested by Police operatives who stormed Ibi, Taraba state a few weeks ago.

Recall the saga eventually resulted in the unfortunate death of three Intelligence Response Team (IRT) operatives of the Nigerian Police Force and one civilian as well as further claims and counterclaims between police leadership and the military authorities as soldiers were accused of killing the policemen involved in the operation.

The military, however, said the killing was done in error as its men moved in response to a distress call.

Recall Naija News previously reported that the Joint Investigative Panel set up by the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, to investigate the incident ordered the arrest of two policemen and five soldiers in connection with the saga.

Top police sources quoted by Punch said on Monday that Ibi police division crime officer, Assistant Superintendent of Police, Aondonna Iorbee, and the station officer, Inspector Aliyu, who have been in custody for about two weeks, would be dismissed for allegedly colluding with criminals.

The crime officer is reported to have made over 200 calls to Wadume while the station officer allegedly destroyed evidence (by tearing up station records) showing that the Intelligence Response Team operatives documented the operation to arrest the kidnap kingpin at the station.

The source said, “The two officers are still in custody and investigation has shown that they were working hand-in-glove with the kidnap kingpin, Wadume. It is unfortunate, but they would lose their entitlements and also end up in jail.”

Meanwhile, the Joint Investigative Panel set up by the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, to investigate the incident is yet to submit its report to the office of the Chief of the Defence Staff, Gen Abayomi Olonisakin, on Monday.

Military sources claimed that the panel might have postponed the submission with due permission from Olonisakin, in order to carry out last-minute reviews and prevent the preempting of its findings.

A top source said, “The panel has stopped inviting witnesses and it is reviewing all the material evidence before it. The panel sat today (Monday) but it was to finalise its report. The CDS may have granted them that extension.

“We need to allow the panel to do a thorough job, and the CDS may have graciously granted them an extension.”

Source: Naija News

Content provider, creative writer, inspired by the opportunity to learn new things. You can reach out to me via [email protected]