Buhari Assigns Portfolios To Ministers
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, inaugurated and assigned portfolios to 43 ministers appointed to assist him during his second term in office.
Before Wednesday’s swearing-in ceremony, the Senate had earlier screened and confirmed the nominees based on the list sent to it by President Buhari.
The now confirmed ministers also passed through a two-day presidential retreat to familiarize them with procedures on working closely with the President, assess the country’s position in 2015 and today; and also chart a course for the country for the foreseeable future.
Some of these ministers were also cabinet members during President Buhari’s first term in office and were considered to have done creditably well enough to retain their portfolios and continue their good works.
See the ministers that fell into that category:
1. Adamawa – Mohammed Musa Bello – Minister of FCT.
2. Anambra – Dr Chris Ngige – Minister of Labour and Employment.
3. Bauchi – Adamu Adamu – Minister of Education.
4. Enugu – Ogbonnaya Onu – Minister of Science and Technology.
5. Enugu – Geoffrey Onyema – Minister of Foreign Affairs.
6. Jigawa – Sulieman Adamu – Minister of Water Resources.
7. Kaduna – Zainab Ahmed – Minister of Finance.
8. Katsina – Hadi Serika – Minister of Aviation.
9. Kebbi – Abubakar Malami – Attorney General and Minister of Justice.
10. Kwara – Lai Mohammed – Minister of Information and Culture.
11. Lagos – Babatunde Raji Fashola – Minister of Works and Housing.
12. Rivers – Rotimi Amaechi – Minister of Transportation.
And the full list of ‘next level’ ministers can be assessed here.
Source: Naija News