NECO Postpones 2019 Common Entrance Examination
The National Examinations Council (NECO) has announced the postponement of the 2019 National Common Entrance Examinations into Junior Secondary unity schools.
This was disclosed on Thursday by the exam body, citing reasons of low registration of candidates for its decision to reschedule the exam.
The new date announced is now April 27. It, therefore, urged candidates to download the new examination timetable from the council’s website.
Naija News reports the common entrance examination, which is a criteria for pupils seeking admission into unity schools, was earlier scheduled for April 13, but the council has now shifted the date to allow more registration.
The NECO Head, Information and Public Relations Division, Mr Azeez Sani, who made the announcement of the postponement in a statement, said a total of 70, 720 candidates have currently registered for the examination which takes successful candidates into Junior Secondary One.
He said, “The National Examinations Council has postponed the 2019 National Common Entrance Examination into unity schools till April 27. The re-scheduling was to give states with low registration of candidates the opportunity to register for the examination.
“A total of 70,720 candidates have so far registered for the examination. Candidates are advised to download the new examination time table from the council’s website.”
Source: Naija News