The return to Nigeria and the reinstatement into the Federal Civil Service, of the sacked ex-Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina, has sparked up so many controversies.
Following the allegations and counter allegations, Maina’s family, represented by Aliyu Maina, gave their stand on Wednesday, at a press conference in Kaduna, maintaining that their relative is not a fraudster.
Here are seven points the family noted:
- “Abdulrasheed Maina’s reform put to a stop the fraudulent withdrawal of huge sums from both the Nigerian Pension Board, the Nigerian Police Pension Board, etc.”
- “Abdulrasheed was in fact invited by this administration and he was promised security to come and clean up the mess and generate more revenue to government by blocking leakages.”
- “He succumbed to the present administration and came back to Nigeria. He has been working with the DSS for quite some time and he was given necessary security.”
- “There is a letter from the attorney-general of the federation where he gave his own legal opinion regarding the court verdict which was submitted to the Civil Service Commission and the head of service respectively. So, one wonders why all the agencies and various individuals responsible for his return are now denying.”
- Maina “will surface from wherever he is and tell Nigerians the truth”, if his security is guaranteed.
- “Maina’s family has their “solicitors, Messrs Mamman Nasir & Co and instructed them to act appropriately.”
- “Abdulrasheed Maina is in possession of facts that are against the cabal and interesting to the Nigerian populace, which he will disclose soonest.”
Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.