Nigerian midfielder who is contracted to Southampton, Joe Aribo, has been named in the “Flop XI” for the 2022–23 Premier League season.
After assisting Glasgow Rangers in their victories in the Scottish Cup and the Europa League final the season prior, Joe Aribo was expected to become one of the biggest names in Europe.
In 22 appearances in all competitions, the 26-year-old Nigerian attacking midfielder has failed to live up to his potentials, scoring just two goals in the league and contributing no assists.
On October 1st, 2022, he scored his last goal. For Southampton to avoid being demoted to the Championship, he must start scoring consistently.
Joe Aribo who joined Southampton to help them stay in the Premier League has only helped them to garner 15 points which forced them to the bottom of the league table.
Hence, according to the Sun, a British newspaper, Aribo is one of the eleven worst signings of the summer transfer window.
Below are the 2022–2023 Premier League’s “Flop XI”
1. Goalkeeper – Neto – From Juventus to Bournemouth.
2. Center-back – Kalidou Koulibaly – from Napoli to Chelsea.
3. Centre-back – Duje Caleta-Car – From Marseille to Southampton.
4. Right-wing-back – Marc Cucurella – From Brighton to Chelsea.
5. Left-wing-back – Kehrer Thilo – From PSG to West Ham United.
6. Kalvin Phillips – Centre-midfielder – From Leeds United to Manchester City.
7. Billy Gilmour – center-midfielder – From Chelsea to Brighton
8. Attacking midfielder – Joe Aribo – From Rangers to Southampton.
9. Left-winger – Raheem Sterling – From Manchester City to Chelsea
10. Right-winger – Antony – from Ajax to Manchester United.
11. Striker – Richarlison – from Everton to Tottenham Hotspur.