Connect with us

Advertisement

Gist

Nigerians React As Melaye Says Atiku Discovered Peter Obi

 

Nigerians React As Melaye Says Atiku Discovered Peter Obi

Nigerians have reacted to the comments made by the former Kogi Central lawmaker, Senator Dino Melaye at an event in Abuja over the weekend.

Naija News reported that Melaye claimed that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, discovered the Labour Party presidential flagbearer, Peter Obi.

Melaye described the former vice president as a talent hunter, saying that Obi was unknown before Atiku identified him and made him his running mate in the 2019 presidential election.

He had said: “Atiku discovered Obi before keyboard warriors discovered Obi. Unfortunately, elections are not going to take place on social media. It is going to take place at the polling units. And those that would vote are the people here. So it is now operation votes must count.

However, some Nigerians and supporters of the LP presidential candidate took to the micro-blogging platform, Twitter to express their views regarding Melaye’s comment.

Below are some of the reactions.

@SMABBACares24b wrote: “This is a fact. ATIKU discover talents. For the same reason, he recommended Ngozi, El-Rufai and Ribadu to OBJ and they did extremely well.”

@firstladyship wrote: “Dino Melaye the town crier & comedian, said Atiku was the Mungo Park & “Atiku The Baptist” that discovered Peter Obi. Without Obi in 2007, Atiku got 2.6m votes, ONLY. With Obi in 2019, he got 11m votes. Atiku lost his polling unit, Obi won his polling unit. WHO IS HELPING WHO?”

@JosephAdex5 wrote: “Dino is an epitome of falsehood lies,idiocy,propaganda, deception,distortion & manipulation.

“Dino is unreliable, has never been credible & none of his words can be taken serious he has proven to be one of the corrupt selfish politicians using Nigeria as a money-making venture.”

@officialjust81wrote: “That simply implies that Atikusaw the value and competence of Peter Obi, nobody picks olodo as running mate.”

@PNkwagu wrote: “What is your point oga? Obi is a chosen one, the early you realize that better for you.”

@flexingcute wrote: “My advice to Atiku is to collapse his structure for Obi, so Obi can make him ambassador to the UAE and Dubai.”

@ohenkay wrote: “Atiku trained Peter Obi in the university, married his wife for him and made him MD of Fidelity bank. Dino Zukwanu Ike.”

@ifeanyispace wrote: “Peter Obi was begged to show us his tweeter handle after his nomination as VP in 2018. There will always be a turning point for everyone. Atiku Abubakar was for Obi in national politics.”

@KolajoAle wrote: “Atiku discovered PO before keyboard warriors know him -Melaye

“Me: Thank you Parents always prayed that children are greater than them.”

@EssienSunday16 wrote: “Remember Peter Obi is not a failed politician like you, collapsing Nigeria’s national grid.

@kennydenz wrote: “Dino Melaye is an inconsequential politician jobber, he has nothing to bring to the table, absolutely nothing. Very inconsequential statement.

“So Atiku discovered a former governor of a state for 8yrs with outstanding performances and federal and international recognitions?”