The military officer identified as Major Christopher Datong, who was abducted on Tuesday when bandit terrorists attacked the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in Kaduna is still alive.
There had been widespread reports that the lifeless body of the Major was discovered on Tuesday evening with insinuations that the terrorists had killed him.
However, fresh information made available to Naija News on Wednesday says the officer has not been killed and he is still alive.
The Foundation for Investigative Journalism (FIJ) said Datong is still alive.
“FLASH: Despite multiple rumours of his death, Fijnigeria can confirm that the abducted Major Christopher Datong is still alive.”
“Reports of his death are NOT TRUE.”
“Details soon,” the organization wrote on its Twitter account.
Meanwhile, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Lucky Irabor has condemned the attack by gunmen on the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) in Kaduna, liking the incident to armed robbery in someone’s residence.
Naija News had reported that the attack, which occurred in the early hours of Tuesday, resulted in the deaths of two officers and the kidnap of another.
Addressing the incident while speaking with newsmen in Yola, the Adamawa capital, Irabor expressed concern over attacks by bandits, but assured that security agencies are on top of the situation.