Connect with us


NEWS

Zamfara: Finally, Matawalle Names First Person Responsible For Jangebe Girls Abduction

Published

on

zamfara

The Governor of Zamfara State, Bello Matawalle, on Wednesday accused the watchman of Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, where the schoolgirls were abducted last Friday of being complicit in the incident.

Naija News had earlier reported that the Governor disclosed that repentant bandits met with their unrepentant counterparts to secure the release of the schoolgirls.

Governor Matawalle disclosed this on Wednesday while speaking on Channels TV.

Recall that the Zamfara State Governor said Nigerians will be shocked if they know the identities of those behind the mass abduction.

When asked to reveal the identities of masterminds of the abduction, Matawalle said, “The security agents in the state are aware that when we were trying to rescue these children without paying the ransom, other people were behind talking to them that money will be given to them that they shouldn’t release them to the state government.”

“This is a complete sabotage for my government and we have a lot of intelligence on this and I am going to inform the relevant authorities.”

“The children have mentioned the watchman of the school, that after releasing them, the bandits were telling them that they should greet the watchman for them, they even mentioned his name that he was the one who gave them the go-ahead to come, he was involved.”

“They (the schoolgirls) have said this before the commissioner of police in Zamfara State.”

“I assure Nigerians that investigation will be carried out and all the people involved will be known.”

Source: Naija News

is an Associate at Naija News. He is a news media enthusiast, he holds a degree in psychology and loves exploring and sharing about the enormous power that lies in the human mind. Email: [email protected], Instagram: adeniyidman