Buhari Makes Fresh Appointments Into Judiciary
President Muhammadu Buhari has given approval for the appointment of 28 new judges, cutting across the Court of Appeal, Federal High Court and the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory.
A break down of the appointments revealed that 12 justices were approved for the Court of Appeal, 9 judges were appointed for the Federal High Court and 7 judges were appointed for the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory.
The appointment and approval, Naija News gathered, followed recommendations of the National Judicial Council.
The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, is expected to swear in the new Justices of the Court of Appeal on June 22 while those appointed for the Federal High Court will be sworn-in on June 25 and judges appointed for the high court of the FCT are to be sworn-in on June 26.
The 12 Court of Appeal Justices are:
1. Hon. (Mr) Justice P. A. Mahmud
2. Hon. (Mr) Justice F. O. Ojo
3. Hon. (Mr) Justice I. A. Andenyangsto
4. Hon. (Mr) Justice G. O. Kolawole
5. Hon. (Mr) Justice B. B. Aliyu
6. Hon. (Mr) Justice Ebiowei Tobi
7. Hon. (Mr) Justice J. G. Abundaga
8. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. S. Umar
9. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Talba
10. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Bayero
11. Hon. (Mr) Justice A. M. Lamido
12. Hon. (Mr) Justice M. B. Idris
Nine judges approved for the Federal High Court are:
1. Sunday Bassey Onu
2. Mrs. Adefunmilola Adekemi Demi-Ajayi
3. Hon. (Mr) Justice Peter O. Lifu
4. Obiora Atuegwu Egwuata
5. Sa’adatu Ibrahim Mark (Mrs)
6. Mobolaji Olubukola Olajuwon
7. Aminu Bappa Aliyu
8. Tijjani Garba Ringim
9. Nkeonye Evelyn Maha
While the 7 Judges for the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory are:
1. Binta Mohammed
2. Modupe Osho-Adebiyi
3. Gaba Venchak Simon
4. Babangida Hassan
5. Akobi Iyabeni Anna
6. Samirah Umar Bature
7. Asmau Akanbi Yusuf
Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.