Presidential Convention: APC Gives Malami, Atiku, Akeredolu, Sanwo-Olu, Others Fresh Appointment [Full List]
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has set up 18 sub-committees to take charge of activities ahead of its presidential convention.
Naija News reports that the ruling party has scheduled June 6-8, 2022, to conduct its Special convention to produce its presidential candidate.
The 18 sub-committees was made known in a statement on Wednesday night by the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Felix Morka.
The APC appointed Gombe Governor, Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya and Minister of Finance, Hajiya Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed to head its budget sub-committee.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State was appointed to head Finance and Logistics sub-committee.
Also, Accreditation and Decoration will be handled by Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State while the Governor of Ondo state, Rotimi Akeredolu will be in charge of Security and Compliance.
He will be assisted by a former Minister of Interior, Gen. Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau (rtd).
Election Planning Subcommittee is jointly chaired by Governors Abubakar Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State and Hope Uzodinma of Imo State among others.
See full list below:
1. Budget – H.E. Muhammad Yahaya, Governor of Gombe State
Co-Chair: Minister of Finance, Hajiya Zainab Ahmed
2. Finance and Logistics – H.E. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Governor of Lagos State
3. Accreditation and Decoration – H.E. Prince Dapo Abiodun, Governor of Ogun State
4. Security and Compliance – H.E. Rotimi Akeredolu, Governor of Ondo State
Co-Chair: Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (retd.), former Minister of Interior
5. Election Planning – H.E. Atiku Bagudu, Governor of Kebbi State
Co-Chair: H.E. Hope Uzodimma, Governor of Imo State
6. Transportation – H.E. Abdullahi Ganduje, Governor of Kano State
Deputy: Ramatu Aliyu, Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory
7. Accommodation – H.E. Babagana Zulum, Governor of Borno State
Co-Chair: H.E. Gboyega Oyetola, Governor of Osun State
8. Media and Publicity – H.E. Abdullahi Sule, Governor of Nasarawa State
9. Medicals – Dr. Chris Ngige, Minister of Labour and Employment
Co-Chair: Prof. Isaac Folorunso Adewole, former Minister of Health
10. Legal: Abubakar Malami SAN, Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
11. Venue and Site Servicing: H.E. Bello Matawalle, Governor of Zamfara State
Co-Chair: Mohammed Bello, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory
12. Election Appeal – H.E. Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe State
13. Hospitality and Welfare – H.E. Simon Lalong, Governor of Plateau State
Co-Chair: Hajiya Sadiya Farouq, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development
14. Protocols – H.E. Aminu Masari, Governor of Katsina State
15. Digital Communications – H.E. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, Governor of Kwara State
16. Pre-Convention/Management/ Rapporteur – H.E. Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Governor of Kaduna State
Deputy: Dame Pauline Tallen, Minister of Women Affairs
17. Presidential Screening Appeal – H.E. Abubakar Bello, Governor of Niger State
Co-Chair: Rt. Hon. Ahmed Idris Wase, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives
18. Accreditation of Diplomats – H.E. Ovie Omo-Agege, Deputy President of the Senate
Co-Chair: Geoffrey Onyeama, Minister for Foreign Affairs