14 shops and 16 kiosks at the Adeniji Adele Market in Lagos Island were destroyed by fire early Sunday morning.
Naija News reports that the fire reportedly started around 3 am as a result of electrical malfunction in one of the affected shops.
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) revealed that it got a distress call at around 3:13 am.
According to LASEMA, rescuers raced to the scene within 10 minutes to battle the fire.
“The fire was restricted within affected areas and stopped from spreading further. 14 shops and 16 kiosks were affected.
“Properties and goods were salvaged by emergency responders including Federal and Lagos State Fire Services, Nigeria Police and LASEMA Response Team,” said LASEMA.
Source: Naija News