The Presidency has reacted to the request of the calling for the sack of the Service Chiefs in the country.
Speaking in a reaction through a statement signed by the Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity), Femi Adesina, the presidency said that the sack of service chiefs is the prerogative decision of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Naija news had earlier reported that the Nigerian Senate on Tuesday adopted a resolution calling for the sack of the Service Chiefs in the country following a motion moved by the Chairman, Senate Committee on Army, Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume (Borno South).
The motion titled: “Rising casualties among Nigerian soldiers and other security agencies” argued that the recommendation to sack the service chiefs was to ensure an investigation into the cause of the incessant killings of soldiers in the battlefront.
But Adesina says that President Buhari would do what was in the best interest of the country.
The statement read; “The Senate Tuesday adopted a resolution calling on the Service Chiefs to resign or be sacked due to the multi-pronged security challenges in the country.
“The Presidency notes the resolution, and reiterates that appointment or sack of Service Chiefs is a Presidential prerogative, and President Muhammadu Buhari, in his capacity as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, will do what is in the best interest of the country at all times.”