Connect with us


News

Coronovirus: Italian Man Now Free To Go But….

Published

on

COVID-19: Coronavirus News Update For Sunday, June 14, 2020

The Italian, who is the index COVID-19 carrier in Nigeria, is now free of the virus, Lagos State has declared.

Recall that about three weeks ago, the Federal Ministry of Health had confirmed the first case of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Lagos.

Minister of health, Dr Dr Osagie Ehanire, confirmed that the case involves an Italian citizen who works in Nigeria and just returned from Milan, Italy on the 25th of February 2020.

Last week Thursday however, Ehanire, announced that the Italian man infected with the dreaded Coronavirus in Nigeria will soon be discharged.

Today, Lagos State Commissioner of Health, Prof Akin Abayomi, who said he is now free of the virus said he has to undergo a test before he can be finally declared negative.



is a prolific writer, broadcaster and teacher, who likes to try out new things' you can reach me via [email protected]

Advertisement