Earlier today Nigeria recorded the first confirmed case of Coronavirus virus. According to the Federal Ministry of Health, the first case of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) was confirmed in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial city.
Naija News understands that the statement said the Italian was confirmed to be positive by the Virology Laboratory of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, part of the Laboratory Network of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
Recall that the Nigeria Senate on Thursday complained that the Federal Government is not doing enough to curtail the spread of the dreaded Coronavirus Disease.
In a bid to curtail the spread of the viral infection in Nigeria, the federal ministry of health has released 6 major tips that would serve as precautionary measures to Nigerians.
Read the precautionary tips against Coronavirus below:
1. Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
2. Maintain at least 1 & half metres (5 feet) distance between you and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
3. People coughing persistently or sneezing should stay indoors or keep a social distance, but not mix with a crowd.
4. Ensure that you and people around you follow good respiratory hygiene by covering mouths and noses with a handkerchief or tissue while sneezing or coughing.
5. Stay indoors if you feel unwell with symptoms, such as fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. Please call Lagos State Emergency hotlines 08023169485 or 08033565529 or 08052817243 which are available day and night.
6. Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 through official channels on TV and Radio.