The World Bank approved six projects worth about $2.2 billion to support Nigerian human capital and economic development in 2020.
Naija news learnt new loan will help to fund six projects to support Nigeria’s development priorities.
The approved program of support in the fiscal year 2020 comprises the following projects:
- Immunization Plus & Malaria Progress by Accelerating Coverage and Transforming Services will strengthen health systems to deliver effective primary health care.
- Nigeria Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project will upgrade rural roads and improve connectivity and access to local markets and agrobusiness services in 13 states.
- Nigeria Digital Identification for Development Project which will enable people in Nigeria, especially marginalized groups, to access welfare-enhancing services.
- Ogun State Economic Transformation Project will catalyze private investment in the southwest province.
- Innovation Development and Effectiveness in the Acquisition of Skills Project will strengthen the skills of 50,000 Nigerian students and enhance the capacity of technical teachers to better equip them for jobs in the formal and informal sectors.
- Sustainable Procurement, Environmental and Social Standards Enhancement Project.
Naija News also learnt that the World Bank is ramping up its support to Nigeria in its efforts to lift 100 million Nigerian.