Fabian Benjamin, the board’s Head of Media and Publicity, disclosed this to News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Bwari.
He said that as of April 13, over 1.2 million have successfully written the examination scheduled to end April 17.
Naija News reports that over 1.8 million candidates registered to sit for the board’s UTME which commenced nationwide on April 11.
Benjamin said the process of the examination has so far been successful, adding that the board was addressing some of the challenges that came up during the exercise.
Speaking also on the issue of results, Benjamin said that no results have been released yet.
He explained that the board was still screening the results as the examination was ongoing and also because more fraudulent activities were being identified in the process.
He said: “We have to keep screening these results because there are lots of issues we discovered like multiple registrations, impersonation and the likes, so we are still fishing them out.
“Some have been arrested and those yet to be arrested, we have their records, we will fish them out. However, candidates should expect their results very soon.”
He added that the board’s suspension of some Computer Based Test centres nationwide has not affected the candidates.
Benjamin explained that adequate examination centres were provided to all who registered for the examination.