The newly appointed Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Aishah Ahmad is not just a pretty face to reckon.
She is an epitome of beauty with brains, as she has a career in the banking sector that has spanned almost 20 years of her active involvement in the sector.
Here are ten things to know about Nigeria’s CBN Deputy Governor
1. Aishah Ahmad an indigene of Niger State, born October 26, 1977. Hence she is 40 years old.
2. She is married to Abdallah Ahmad, a retired brigadier-general.
3. She and her husband have two sons.
4. Aishah Ahmad had her first degree in accounting from the University of Abuja.
5.She also holds several master’s degrees – a Master of Business Administration, MBA in finance from the University of Lagos and a Master of Sicence, MSc in Finance & Management from the Cranfield School of Management in the United Kingdom.
6. The certified accountant was the Executive Director (Retail Banking) at Diamond Bank Plc, prior to her appointment.
READ ALSO: President Buhari appoints Aishah as new CBN Deputy Governor
7. She is the chairperson of the executive council of Women in Management, Business and Public Service, WIMBIZ, a Nigerian non-profit organisation, aimed at addressing the rights of women professionals in business.
8. Aishah Ahmad has professional banking experience spanning the NAL Bank Plc, Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc and Zenith Bank Plc, and Diamond Bank Plc.
9. She is a member of the Chartered Financial Analyst, CFA and Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst, CAIA Associations.
10. Aishah Ahmad was announced as the newly appointed Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria by the presidency on Thursday. She is expected to assume duty as CBN deputy governor immediately after her confirmation by the Senate.