#ResumeorResign: Charlyboy suspends protest | Nigeria News
Connect with us



News

#ResumeorResign: Charlyboy suspends protest

Published

-Charlyboy suspends anti-Buhari protests indefinitely.

A day after members of the anti-Buhari protest group led by Charles Oputa, were almost lynched at the Wuse market in Abuja, the ace entertainer better known as Charly Boy, has now suspended the protests indefinitely.

Announcing the suspension at Unity Fountain in Abuja on Wednesday, Charly Boy said the next line of action would be made known in the days ahead, the cable reports.

He said even though members of the group had received death threats, they remain resolute in achieving their aims.

“We are not deterred by the intimidation and harassment by the sponsored thugs and we cannot be cowed by a few group of people,” he said.

“What government want to do is to ensure that we have a clash with the hired crowd and we will not allow that to happen.”

But for the quick intervention of security personnel, the situation at the market would have gone out of hand.

Despite the quick intervention by security operatives which ensured Charly Boy escaped, his car was severely damaged and several protesters injured while a man who was injured was rushed to the hospital by operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).

The protesters had started a campaign on Monday last week, demanding that President Muhammadu Buhari, who is on a medical vacation the UK, resumes or resigns.




Copyright Naija News 2019. All rights reserved. You may only share Naija News content using our sharing buttons. Send all news and press releases to newsroom@naijanews.com.

Oladipo is a Content Supervisor at Naija News. He has a huge flair for creative writing, loves travelling and gets thrills from learning new things.

Advertisement

Click to comment

Contact Us

Open

Close