Nigeria Breaking News For Today August 2, 2017 | Naija News
Connect with us

 

News

Nigeria Breaking News For Today August 2, 2017

Published

on

Nigeria Breaking News Today,, Nigeria Breaking News ,Breaking News ,Naija News ,Nigeria News,Nigeriabreaking news today, Latest Nigeria news, Latest Nigeria Newspapers, Naija News, Nigeria breaking news, Nigeria News, Nigeria news today, nigeria news today headlines, nigeria newspapers today, News, breaking news today, Latest Nigeria news, Latest Nigeria Newspapers, Naija News, Nigeria breaking news, Nigeria News, Nigeria news today, nigeria news today headlines, nigeria newspapers today, Nigerian Newspapersn News,
Nigeria Breaking News
Nigeria Breaking News

This is a roundup of some of the breaking news in Nigeria for Wedneday August 2, 2017.

Aso Rock on standby for President Buhari’s return – Aide

President Muhammadu Buhari has been on medical vacation in the United Kingdom since May 7, 2017 but appears set to return to the country anytime  soon as reports have it that the Presidency has put all staff in Aso Rock on standby for Mr. President’s return.

According to Daily Trust, which spoke to one of the aides to the President’s wife, Mrs Aisha Buhari, said some family members of the president and his wife’s security aides arrived Abuja Monday

GET FULL DETAILS HERE

Osinbajo appoints new ICPC chairman, approves 36 other appointments

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has appointed Professor Bolaji Owasanoye as the new chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC). He also approved the redeployment of Ekpo Nta, who now ceases to be the chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

Nta, who was appointed by former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2012, has now been redeployed to the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission.

GET FULL DETAILS HERE

1.2 million Nigerians compete for 1,112 immigration service job openings

Following the announcement by the Nigerian Immigration Service that it is set to recruit 1,112 Nigerians into its workforce, reports have it that about 1.2 million applicants are presently competing to clinch the available job openings.

According to PREMIUM TIMES the number of applicants so far received through its online portal was confirmed by the immigration boss; Comptroller General, Muhammad Babandede.

GET FULL DETAILS HERE

Former President Jonathan reacts to Abuja house theft

Former President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, said yesterday, that all the movable items in his house in Gwarimpa, Abuja, were carted away by thieves.
Jonathan, made this statement through his spokesman, Ikechukwu Eze, last night. He said the theft was discovered last month, after which it was reported to police authorities.

The statement read: “Following series of enquiries from journalists and other concerned Nigerians on the extent of the reported vandalisation and theft in the house of former President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan located in Gwarimpa, Abuja, we, therefore, would like to make the following clarifications: The theft was discovered last month upon which a report was duly lodged with the relevant police authorities.

GET FULL DETAILS HERE

Source: Naija News