Trivia questions can be very annoying not only because they are nonessential but also the answers can be mind boggling.
These trivia questions are highly educative, intriguing and super interesting. It’s a perfect line for friends to snap out of that cloud of boredom and maintain a steady friendly conversation.
Top 50 Trivia Questions and Answers
1. An animal that lives part of its life on land and part in water is known as what?
Answer: an Amphibian, eg. frog.
2. What is the only sea on Earth with no coastline?
Answer: Sargasso Sea
3. Who was named the top richest man in the world 2015?
Answer: Bill Gates
4. Who averaged one patent for every three weeks of his life?
Answer: Thomas Edison
5. Which explorer introduced pigs in North America?
Answer: Christopher Columbus
6. What is the full name version of Santa Clause?
Answer: Saint Nicholas
7. What type of bridge is the Golden Gate Bridge?
See Also: 4 Tough Job Interview Questions And Answers To Give
8. In what year was Nelson Mandela released from prison?
9. Porsche is a brand of car that originated in what country?
10. What is the third most abundant gas in Earth’s atmosphere?
11. El Clásico is the name given to football (soccer) matches between which two teams?
Answer: Real Madrid and FC Barcelona
12. What ingredient in milk causes fermentation when devoured by bacteria?
13. Who was the first NASA astronaut to visit space twice?
Answer: Gus Grissom
14. Name the world’s high mountain?
Answer: Mount Everest
15. The assassination that is said to have lead to World War I, occurred in what city?
16. What is the name of the world’s longest river?
Answer: the Amazon river
17. The Black Forest is located in what European country?
18. In Russia, a woman’s last name usually ends with what letter?
19. What is the diameter of earth planet?
Answer: 8,000 miles
20. What is the name of Mickey Mouse´s dog?
21. In the late 1890s, Bayer marketed a cough, cold & pain remedy that contained what now illegal drug?
22. Schrödinger’s cat is a thought experiment dealing with which type of mechanics?
Answer: Quantum Mechanics
23. In what year was the State of Isreal found?
24. Another name for a water mocassin is what?
25. The Grand Slam tournaments are the four most import annual events in which two sports?
Answer: Tennis and Golf
26. In database programming, SQL is an acronym for what?
Answer: Structured Query Language
27. Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in what year?
28. In computer science, what does “GUI” stand for?
Answer: Graphical user interface
29. Who declined the 1964 Nobel Prize for literature?
Answer: Jean-Paul Sartre
30. In what year was the 4-minute mile first achieved?
Answer: 1954 by Roger Bannister in 3:59.4
31. The taste that allows us to taste savoury foods is called what?
32. Au is the symbol for what element?
33. Which galaxy is closest to the milky way?
Answer: Andromeda galaxy, about 2.5 million light years away
34. Which country is the largest in the world by land mass?
35. The filament in an incandescent light bulb is made of what element?
36. Which animal was incorrectly rumoured to bury its head in the sand when frightened?
Answer: the Ostrich
37. According to physics, what are the four fundamental forces in nature?
Answer: Strong Force, Electromagnetic Force, Weak Force, Gravitational Force
38. Cubic zirconia is a synthesised material often used in place of what precious stone?
39. Who was the first woman to be elected to political office?
Answer: Hillary Clinton
40. John Montagu, the man credited with inventing the sandwich, held what noble title?
Answer: Earl of Sandwich
41. Fe is the chemical symbol for what element?
Trivia Questions on Psychology
42. Which psychologist investigated obedience using electric shocks?
Answer: Stanley Milgram
43. What is the fear of clowns called?
44. What is the fear of nudity called?
See Also: 62 Cute Random Questions To A Girl You Like
45. The desire to eat strange things that are non-nutritive is known as what?
46. A group of parrots are called what?
47. What is a group of owls called?
48. Which bird is known to be fastest when it is hunting dive
Answer: the Peregrine Falcon
49. What is the tallest building in the world?
Answer: Burj Khalifa.
50. Who painted a late 15th-century mural known as the Last Supper?
Answer: Leonardo da Vinci.
Source: Naija News