The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) has commenced an online top-up programme for Higher National Diploma holders (HND) to convert their certification to Bachelor’s.Degree.
Earlier, this platform reported that the board, through its new one-year top-up programme with foreign accredited universities, has offered conversion of HND to Bsc.
The new development was disclosed in Abuja on Monday through a statement made available to pressmen by the Board’s Head of Media Unit, Mrs. Fatima Abubakar
According to her, the board’s failure to get legal backing for a proposed direct masters program for affected HND holders pushed it to find how to enhance HND holders in the country because they are the keys to Nigeria’s industrialization and critical skills for delivery.
Stating other challenges HND holders face, Abubakar explained that many polytechnic HND graduates don’t get mobilised for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
Abubakar said this was also to facilitate the progression of HND holders to higher degrees.
However, Naija News wants to run through a step-by-step approach to converting an HND to a BSc on NBTE ‘s site.
Below are the steps:
1. You must be eligible to run the one-year programme. You must have an HND certificate from any government-approved and recognised polytechnics and monotechnics.
2. Visit the admission portal https://admission.topup.nbte.gov.ng and sign up or sign in if you already created an account.
3. Provide details of your HND certificate when you successfully sign in.
4. When you are done with creating your account, you locate the section that says submission of a new application. Note the programme you pick from the university should align with NBTE’s accredited technical and vocational fields.
5. After your course selection, then you will see options to pick the university of your choice.
6. Click the program fees button to see details of the institution you picked on the institutional profile page,as well as form details.
7. Then you make a payment of USD 100 for form fees. Then the university begins to process your admission.
8. After submitting the form, you will see the application status under the ‘My applications’ tab; there you can see your application status.
9. You then go to the payments tab to download your receipt for the application form fee payment.
10. After the university approves your admission, you can go to my application and download your admission letter.