Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, on Monday noted that Boko Haram terrorists took good care of the released 82 Chibok girls.
The girls were released in great shape with no visible sign of abuse, unlike the other 21 Chibok girls freed last year, October, who came in poor shape, Shehu told Tribune.
He also disclosed that most of the girls released were not from Chibok town but villages scattered around the area.
Shehu noted that government was doing its best for the girls who he noted would be identified by their parents as they come to Abuja.
He said, “To be honest, without appearing to speak for Boko Haram, from the outlook of these girls, they appear better in terms of their physical outlook than the 21 we received before.
“Those 21, you know the way they came, they looked famished, underfed and undernourished.
“This is not to take away from the fact that these ones too have been traumatised.
“However, was there abuse physically, sexual and all of that? Only medical examination which is now on going, will reveal that.
“But on the face of it, they don’t seem to have…there is nothing so far on their faces to show that abuse if there was any.
“But detailed examination psychologists, physiologist will examine them and then they will tell us far or how much of abuse has taken place.”
Meanwhile, Zannah Mustapha, a negotiator who was involved in the release of Chibok schoolgirls abducted in 2014 by the Boko Haram insurgent group said some of the girls refused to join the 82 girls freed on Saturday.
Source: Naija News