Connect with us


News

Breaking: Senate In Rowdy Session With Minister Over Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians

Published

on

Just In: Nigerian Senate Takes 'Major Decision' Over Coronavirus In Nigeria

The Nigerian Senate on Tuesday engaged in a war of words with the Minister of State for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo over the planned recruitment of 774,000 Nigerians.

The lawmakers disagreed with the Minister when he disclosed President Muhammadu Buhari had mandated his ministry to supervise the recruitment.

The Senators, however, disagreed with him, leading to a war of words between the two parties.

The inability of the Director-General of the NDE, Mr. Nasiru Ladan to defend the N52 billion budgeted for the recruitment of 774,000 Nigerians under the NDE was said to have started the tussle.

As earlier reported by Naija News, Keyamo had on Monday virtually inaugurated the 20-member Committees in 36 States and the FCT that will select the 1000 persons per LGA for the recruitment.

President Muhammadu Buhari had approved the recruitment of 774, 000 Nigerians for the Special Public Works programme in the country as part of efforts to cushion the economic effects of the global coronavirus pandemic on citizens.

Each of the successful people is expected to be paid the sum of N20,000 for the three months duration of the scheme.

It will be recalled that Keyamo had earlier vowed not to allow politicians hijack the recruitment process. He said rather than allow them to hijack the process, he would resign his position as a Minister of the federal republic of Nigeria.



Content provider, creative writer, inspired by the opportunity to learn new things. You can reach out to me via [email protected]

Advertisement