Nigeria Entertainment News
#NigeriaDecides2023: Charly Boy Raises Alarm Over Presidential Results By INEC
Veteran Nigerian singer and activist, Charles Chukwuemeka Oputa, popularly known as Charly Boy, has raised the alarm that the results called so far by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, did not reflect how Nigerians voted.
Naija News reports that Charly Boy in a statement via Twitter on Sunday questioned where INEC is generating the results it has released so far.
According to him, Nigerians are fighting the structure of corruption and will continue to watch the outcome of the results.
He wrote: “Fellow Nigerians e be like say INEC get another result dem wan give us. The results called so far are Not a reflection of how we voted.
“Nigerians, we are fighting the structure of corruption.
“Make we sidon dey look dem?”
Police Deny Obasanjo Intercepted Chadians With One Million PVCs
Meanwhile, the spokesman of the Kaduna State Police Command, Mohammad Jalige, has debunked the reports that the former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, intercepted one million Chadians from entering Kaduna State to vote.
Naija News reports that Charly Boy shared a post on his Instagram page claiming that 100 trucks conveying over one million Chadians to Kaduna were arrested ahead of the presidential elections.
The political activist also said that Obasanjo intercepted one million Chadians from entering Nigeria to Kaduna to vote.
Speaking on the purported arrest, the Kaduna state police command spokesman, Mohammad Jalige, denied the incident.
He said the news was false as the police would have released an official statement if such ever happened like the case of 15 people recently arrested.