Anthony Joshua Says He Is Mentally Ready To Fight Franklin
Nigerian-born British boxer, Anthony Joshua has stressed that he is mentally ready to return to the ring in April, almost a year after going on a sabbatical.
In August 2022, Anthony Joshua tasted a bitter defeat at the hands of world champion Oleksandr Usyk to whom he lost all his titles in September 2021.
Since then, the former British heavyweight champion has gone underground trying to dust off the back-to-back beatings he suffered from Usyk.
His return to the ring has been confirmed and his first test in his return to the ring will come against 29-year-old American boxer Jermaine Franklin at the O2 Arena in London on April 1.
Ahead of the must-win bout for Joshua, the Nigerian-born British boxer has said he would put up a show and impress his coaching crew.
“I’m looking forward to stepping back into the ring,” the 33-year-old former heavyweight Champion said.
“Mentally and physically I feel ready. I want to put on a show and impress my coach as he has high standards.
“Franklin has a good style and a great attitude, which he has shown in recent fights.”
On his part, Franklin who recorded his first defeat in 22 fights against Briton Dillian Whyte in November, is ready to take on Anthony Joshua.
He said: “I’m ready to show the world why it’s time for me to take my place at the top of the heavyweight division.
“Joshua had his time. It’s my time to shock the world.”