Nigeria Entertainment News
Five Nigerian Celebrity Luxurious Weddings That Broke The Internet In 2022
It is no longer news that Nigerian entertainers always try to outdo one another when it comes to birthdays and weddings.
While some people want to have a simple wedding with few friends and family members in attendance, others want lavish weddings that get many people talking online.
The entertainment industry had high numbers of people who tied the knot in 2022 and in this article Naija News takes a look at some lavish weddings we cannot forget in a hurry.
1. Kemi Adetiba: When ace movie producer, Kemi Adetiba, announced her relationship with Ghanaian music producer, Oscar Heman-Ackah, in February, social media went agog with congratulatory messages.
For a veteran filmmaker, Kemi didn’t disappoint, from holding an engagement in Ghana to traditional marriage where she wore an unconventional gele that got many people talking because it screamed extra.
While some admired the creativity and uniqueness of the gele, some claimed it was rather outrageous and bogus.
Kemi’s traditional wedding outfits also witnessed deep aspects of her Ekiti, Efik, and Ghanaian heritage.
2. Rita Dominic: This event, is in fact, a sweet succession of Kemi Adetiba’s viral traditional wedding party. Rita’s traditional wedding which took place in Imo State seemed like a movie scene featuring her colleagues.
The actress and her husband, Fidelis Anosike also held their wedding in North Yorkshire, England on November 26.
3. Mercy Chinwo: The social media went into a frenzy in June when Nigerian gospel singer, Mercy Chinwo, announced her engagement to the resident pastor at WaterBrook Church, Blessed Uzochikwa.
Their wedding was a luxurious one with an 8-layer towering cake standing tall in the background as each of the cake layers was inscribed with the title of one of Mercy’s popular songs.
From Mercy’s introduction to her wedding after-party dress, she maintained an impressive sense of decency with her choices while keeping things elegant.
4. Blossom Chukwujekwu: In May, the Nollywood actor, tied the knot with Ehinome Akhuemokhan, three years after the crash of his marriage to Maureen Esisi.
The marriage of Blossom became a topic of discussion online as many people claimed the lady looked older that him and not as sexy as his ex-wife.
Surprisingly, it turned out that Ehinome is 33 years -old while Blossom is 39.
5. Ini Dima-Okojie: The love story of Ini left many Nigerians screaming awww!!!. The actress revealed that their relationship started after Abasi, who was her fan on Instagram bought her Malteser chocolate after she took to her Instastories to rant about how she was unable to get her favourite chocolate in Lagos.
From their marriage registry to their traditional and white wedding, the lovebirds have held many Nigerians spellbound as their wedding was every shade of beautiful.