The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola TinubuBola Tinubu, is set to unveil 80-page policy document to Nigerians today.
In a tweet via his verified Twitter page on Friday, the former Governor of Lagos State announced his intention to unveil his manifesto by 3pm.
The unveiling, which will take place in Abuja, will be attended by President Muhammadu Buhari, the APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu, members of the National Working Committee (NWC) and party chieftains.
Also expected at the event are APC Governors, members of the National Assembly elected on the platform of the ruling party, and members of the Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council.
— Bola Ahmed Tinubu (@officialABAT) October 21, 2022
Recall that Tinubu had on Thursday night released his policy document which highlights his agenda for Nigerians.
Naija News reports that top of Tinubu’s priority list of action plans was national security, economy, agriculture, power, oil and gas, transportation and education.
In the manifesto, Tinubu said his objective is to foster a new society based on shared prosperity, tolerance, compassion, and the unwavering commitment to treating each citizen with equal respect and due regard.
Here are 10 promises of the former Lagos State governor contained in the manifesto.
2. Manufacture, create, and invent more of the goods and services we require. Nigeria shall be known as a nation of creators, not just of consumers.
3. Export more and import less, strengthening both the naira and our way of life.
4. Continue assisting our ever-toiling farmers, through enlightened agricultural policy that promotes productivity and assures decent incomes, so that farmers can support their families and feed the nation.
5. Modernise and expand public infrastructure so that the rest of the economy can grow at an optimal rate.
6. Embolden and support our young people and women by harnessing emerging sectors such as the digital economy, entertainment and culture, tourism and others to build the Nigeria of tomorrow, today.
7. Train and give economic opportunity to the poorest and most vulnerable among us. We seek a Nigeria where no parent is compelled to send a child to bed hungry, worried whether tomorrow shall bring food.
8. Generate, transmit and distribute sufficient, affordable electricity to give our people the requisite power to enlighten their lives, their homes, and their very dreams.
9. Make basic healthcare, education, and housing accessible and affordable for all.
10. And, most importantly, establish a bold and assertive policy that will create a strong yet adaptive national security architecture and action to obliterate terror, kidnapping, banditry, and all other forms of violent extremism from the face of our nation.