The presidential candidate of the New Nigerians Peoples Party (NNPP), Rabiu Kwankwaso, on Sunday spoke on stepping down for another presidential candidate.
Kwankwaso debunked the report that he is planning to back other presidential candidates in the 2023 race.
The former governor of Kano State dispelled this in a statement released by the spokesman of his presidential campaign organisation, Ladipo Johnson.
There had been speculations online that Kwankwaso would step down for either the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar or the flagbearer of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu.
Johnson in a statement made available to newsmen said the NNPP Presidential candidate is in the race to win.
The statement reads, “I do not know how and why people come up with these assertions and speculations. Kwankwaso cannot and will not step down for anyone.
“Kwankwaso is not in the race to negotiate. He has the capacity, track record for competence and the political will to lead Nigeria to greater heights.”
He said even though the presidential election is competitive, Kwankwaso has a high chance of winning.
Johnson noted that the group would move across the country to convince Nigerians why they should vote for the party.
He asked Nigerians to review things they see online during campaign season.